Monday, January 16, 2012

Year in Review via Cupcakes

After I read through my year in review post I realized there were major parts of my life missing that I didn't want to forget.  Like how incredibly happy I am that I got to build friendships with all my nephews.  They are so precious!

 















  
And then there are all the cupcakes (and other baked goods) I made this year.  I don't know what it is about cupcakes specifically, but I love them.  I think for me it's the giving them away part that is the best.  The first time I made a batch in Kirkland and drove around giving them away (so I wouldn't eat them all) really got me hooked.  I loved seeing the surprise on everyone's faces.  Nothing better... maybe I should be a delivery person for a flowershop or something.  I think I get the same feeling day in and day out!

January- Alicia's Lil' Peanut Baby Shower
February- I made Kumquat cupcakes and delivered to some friends before I moved (no pictures)

March- Birthday Cupcakes for my 3 sister in-laws.  I think it's cool that they all have birthdays in March
  



July and August- I branched our with Cake Pops for Pioneer Day and a Trifle for Joie's birthday






















October- Churro Cupcakes for final in Content Area Literacy





















 
November- Apple Strussel Cheesecake Bites for my birthday... and then again for Thanksgiving
















December- For Alina's baby shower I made Chocolate and Raspberry cupcakes



And I attempted to make Llama cupcakes for my Dad's birthday




8 comments:

  1. Well own a bakery one day and you can make the cupcakes and I'll make other goodies. Deal?! I wish I could've tried all of them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal!!! IF it's in AZ, we might have to do ice cream too!

      Delete
  2. I think you are probably one of the most creative people I know Abbs! They all look incredibly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jami! I take that as a real compliment considering I think you were the crative one in our apartment!

      Delete
  3. abbie your cupcakes are amazing!
    also i terribly miss having class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yes- I miss your cupcakes (and YOU!!) and that trifle was AMAZING!!!!! I want to eat some more right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My shower cupcakes we the best. Darling!!!! Miss you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete