Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lunch Date

So here's a picture of my Lunch Date.  We have lunch everyday together.  I sit on a log and eat my sandwich (made with my homemade bread) and he laps his lunch out of the feeder. Laps, not sucks, because humming birds don't suck up nectar, their reallllllllly long tongue laps it up! (There's your natural history lesson for the day.)




He's more than a lunch date.  He visits multiple times a day.  If he's not at the window, I know where his favorite perch spots are.  And I know he's somewhere nearby when I here is little high pitched buzz flying around.

This is a Black Chinned Humming Bird.  He's quite a bully actually.  I used to have a Broad Tailed, or Caliope Humming Bird stopping by too, but he now chases them off.  I might have to add a few more feeders for all of them.

This first week of camp is almost over.  Time sure flies by fast.  I got to actually go play a game with the kids during some down time.  That was fun.  I'll have to try doing that more often!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Spencer is working at the South Ogden Days event this weekend. I think it's Friday and Saturday. Maybe we should meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you today, on my drive to church, and wondering how you're doing. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete